Friday, May 30, 2008

The Dr. spilled the beans!!!

So, I got a call from the perinatologist with my amniocentesis results. They said that the baby's chromosomes are all normal! It was such a relief to hear. That means that all we will be dealing with after the baby is born is the cleft. They went on to say that the baby is a healthy developed female! I replied with, "Oh! I'm having a girl?" I think they got the hint that we had no clue what we were having. I'm kind of upset that I found out what my baby was over the phone, and not by choice with my husband there during an ultrasound. Oh well, now I can get things prepared before the baby gets here. The kids are really excited to have a sister. Ellie knew all along that the baby was a girl, she would never say it was a boy. I think we all had a feeling it was girl too. I'm just so relieved that her chromosomes are normal, and we are going to have a healthy, beautiful little girl to make our family complete!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

mOh my goodness what a way to find out. How exciting though, she and Ellie will be such good little friends you'll love it. I'm so happy to hear that everything else is ok.

Erin said...

Oh good! What a relief... and how fun that it's a girl... what a funny way to find out though.

kourtney said...

Congratulations! What a dumb doctor! I'm so glad that everything is ok, I've kept you in my prayers. Can't wait to see you again.

Crissy Judd said...

So glad to hear that Dana! I knew everything would be ok! Hang in there! You guys will have a great little family!!

Sparks in the Desert said...

I am so glad that everything came back Ok! I have put you and your baby 's name in the temple twice in the last two months!

kourtney said...

Dana, we have another giveaway at www.sayingitsimply.blogspot.com

D and H fam said...

Hey Dana - I stumbled across your blog while checking out other blogs. It's so cute. That totally stinks about how you found out, but good that you are okay with knowing. Anyhow - guess I'll see ya around.