Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Our NOT so great news.

We had an appt. with the Perinatoligist today who confirmed that our baby does have a cleft lip. It has been really hard for me to digest the news because I didn't think anything would really be wrong with my baby. I feel so lucky to have such supportive family and friends though. Everyone has been so sweet and supportive and I don't know what I would do without any of you, Thank You!
I also had an amniocentesis done to make sure the babies chromosomes are not affected. The heart is also of concern when there is a cleft lip but for now the heart looks really good. We are hopeful that everything else will come back fine and we will only have to worry about the lip. I'm not sure how much longer we will not know what we are having because of the problems. I have to have another ultrasound in 4 wks and with the amnio it will be hard to not know. But now knowing the sex of the baby is the least of our worries. It was fun not knowing while it was a perfect pregnancy but it might be helpful to know now, so that we can get things prepared before the baby is born. We will be to involved with the baby and the surgeries after it is born to worry about what color of clothes we need to wash. I will keep all of you updated as we get new info.
The top picture is a 3D of the baby totally blocking its face with its arms. It didn't want anyone looking at its face!
The second picture reminds me of a mask but it is of the baby yawning. You can kind of see a black line that goes up to the nose and I believe (but am not positive) that that is the cleft lip.
No matter what problems we face we think we have a cute baby, and can't wait to have it in our arms to take care of.


5 comments:

The Crocketts said...

Your baby is so lucky to be coming to your family. The Lord loves you all so much, I know He will bless you and help you through this. You are a wonderful mother and Carson is a great dad. Your baby is loved by many already! I wish I was there to help with the kids or...something! You are in my prayers. I love you!

jenbulkley said...

I know this must be hard. Techonolgy is amazing though and you baby will look totally normal. You baby is healthy and normal. I am so baby hungry from all these baby pcitures everyone has! Goos Luck with delivery and everything in between and after. I will keep you in my prayeres. You are strong I know it.

Erin said...

Dana your blog is adorable, looks like you figured out the scrapbooking thing.

On the other hand, I read about your baby. It's soooooooo scary bringing children into this world. There are soooooooooooo many things that could go wrong. In situations like this we just have to be thankful that it isn't worse. At least everything else is coming back normal. Your children are ADORABLE, some of the cutest I've seen and this baby will also be ADORABLE! The Lord blesses us and is always looking out for us. I will keep you and your sweet baby in my prayers!

Josh and Michele said...

I can't wait to meet this special kid. This baby is so blessed to be coming to parents like you and Carson. And I can't wait to go shopping for this cute little camera shy baby!

Sparks in the Desert said...

Dana,

You are so amazing. It is so hard to be pregnant and not paranoid... I am paranoid the whole nine months. I'm sure it is hard, but I am sure everything will work out. I am just so grateful for modern technology and doctors who know what they are doing. I will keep you and your family in our prayers! Hang in there!