Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cole's Surgery

One week ago today our poor Cole boy had to have his tonsils, adenoids, and 2 lymph nodes from his neck removed. We tried to prepare him as best we could but with Cole you never know what to expect. Well, as soon as he got up that morning he started crying and Carson had to pull him out of the car when we got to the hospital. He finally started to calm down until they wanted him to put on a hospital gown and put the pulse and blood pressure cuff on him then it was all down hill. They finally brought in the versed and Carson plugged Cole's nose while I gave it to him and then he started feeling better, he was drunk boy. Everything went really good and we are just waiting for the biopsy report on the lymph nodes, but we think they will come back fine. He still has a pretty bad sore throat and is super whiny but in all he is doing really well. He has a little incision on his neck from the lymph nodes and the stitches are starting to itch so I hear more whining about that than from the tonsils. Poor kid, he did so good and he has been such a brave and good boy about the whole thing. When we got him home he told me his favorite part was the ride in the wheelchair out to the car.... I didn't know anyone had a favorite part about surgery :)



Carson made him a hand balloon


You can tell the versed was working



After surgery (he asked me if he had a cast on)




Eating a popsicle and just about ready to go home

6 comments:

Josh and Michele said...

I was wondering how everything went. I am so glad that things went so smoothly. And Cole looks very happy to have it over with.

Erin said...

Wow... it looks like you guys have had a fun and EVENTFUL few weeks. Glad it went well for Cole, I wouldn't want to get out of the car either.

Raelene said...

You have really got to work on keeping your kids out of the hospital!! j/k Im glad everything went well with cole. Thats rough for a 6 year old to understand what surgery is. HOpefully he has a fast recovery!!

D and H fam said...

Hey, Mason just had his tonsils and adenoids taken out yesterday. I will have to post about experience on my blog. Our day went really well until after the surgery, holy crap. Mason and anesthesia - not a good mix. I'm glad all went well with Cole. Couple more weeks and we too shall be back to normal, hopefully.

Shannon said...

Hey there... I know it has been a long time.... I have been busy and it looks like you have been busy too! You kids have gotten so big and your baby!!!! Wow- 9 months really changes the little ones!!! Let me know how you are doing

danielandjamaica said...

OH! Poor boy... I didn't know that this had taken place the other night at the baseball game! Told Carson next time he'll have to take a camera so he can blog about going to the game. Geez!