Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cole's Baptism



My sweet, handsome boy. I love you!



Cole was baptized on June 4 2011. This was a big decision for Cole because he was terrified of all the people being there. He knew that he wanted to be baptized but really didn't want to do it in front of people. We explained to him that there had to be a few people there like the Bishop and a member of the primary presidency. After a couple of months talking about it he decided he was ready. We told him that he could invite or not invite anybody he wanted, it was his special day. I think that made it easier for him. He only invited the people that play a big part in his life and that he is most comfortable with. I think we may have hurt a few feelings but everyone just had to understand that this was Cole's day and this is how he was most comfortable. Grandma Carlene gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and Krista Wasden gave a talk on Baptism. Jamie Campbell gave the invocation and Grandma Deb gave the benediction. Carson worked really hard to be able to baptize and confirm Cole. I was so nervous for Carson but he wasn't nervous at all. He did such a wonderful job and the confirmation was amazing. Cole was not scared at all the morning of his baptism and he did wonderfully through the whole thing. I was so extremely proud of my husband for what a great job he did and for my Cole boy for being brave and making this wonderful decision even though he was terrified. I love my family!


Carson and Cole. Cole is much bigger than most 8 year old and you can see in this picture how little his white clothes are on him.


Half of the room.


The other half of the room.


My family


My cute kids.


Cole and Carson


Cole and his uncle Sam


Cole and Grandma Carlene


The luncheon afterwards. I didn't get great pictures because everyone was to busy eating to stop and smile:)



Thank you to our family and friends that made this day so special for Cole. We love you!

1 comment:

Josh and Michele said...

Such fun posts! I loved the baptism pics. Cole looks so happy. And he did it! I showed Taylor and he immediately asked when he could play with Cole again. :)