Friday, September 12, 2008

Our Miracle Baby!

She's here! Ayzie Lynn Honey was born Sept 4, 2008 at 4:08 in the morning!(It was a long night!) She weighed 6lbs 12oz and was 18in long. It was the most amazing experience of my life! I went into the doctor sept 3rd for my appt and was dilated almost to a six, so he striped my membranes and we left, that was about 5:30 pm. We went out to dinner and by 7:45 pm I was having contractions. I actually went into labor on my own! We got to the hospital about 10:00pm and I had her at 4 in the morning. My longest labor yet! I was so scared to have her because of everything I knew we would be facing, and I was about to see how severe the cleft was. When it was time I started crying but new that I had no choice and couldn't turn back now. When she came out Dr. Lunt was just looking at her and he put his finger in her mouth, then looked at me and said, "there is nothing wrong with this baby!" I didn't believe him until he held her up for me, and then I saw that she didn't have a cleft, she was perfect! I started sobbing, Carson was crying, it was an emotional delivery room. Everyone was crying including all the nurses! For the rest of the time I was in the hospital everyone kept calling her the "miracle baby". That is exactly what she is, a miracle baby! The doctors were all stunned and couldn't explain it. Some people have asked me if I'm mad at the doctors for putting me through all of this, and I say there is no reason to be mad at them because it was there, there was a cleft. Carson & I saw it at all of our ultrasounds, and so did the Perinatologist and the ultrasound technicians! At all of my ultrasounds it was there every time. I now know the power of prayer and blessings. I feel like it was Heavenly Father's way of saying I'm really here and if you just have faith in me, anything is possible! It has been the most amazing experience of our lives!

Cole and Ellie adore her, and never stop looking, touching and holding her! I'm so glad that they love her and I don't have to worry about anyone being mean, but to be honest they are driving me crazy!! I'm constantly saying stop touching her, get out of her face! I'm sure everyone knows exactly what I'm talking about. Hopefully once the newness wears off it will be better, until then I just constantly have to have an eye on them at all times.

I can't believe we're a family of 5! I feel so blessed to have 3 beautiful kids!

11 comments:

Sparks in the Desert said...

That is so exciting! Congrats! I've been checking your blog daily to see if you had your baby yet! I'm so glad everything went so incredibly well! What a true answer to prayers! She will have that wonderful story to share for a life time! I'm so excited for your family of 5! Who knows...maybe I will have a boy after all! Anything is possible...right?!

The Crocketts said...

Yes, the Lord does love you and will answer your prayers. What a testimony builder for everyone. Cole is such a sweet big brother! I can't wait to see how protective he and Ellie will be of her when she's older! Love and miss you guys.

Tyler and Kacie said...

Ok so I have known about this, I have seen her, held her, and yet I am still sitting here crying! Dana, you are such an example to me, you are an amazing person. I am so thankful to have you as a friend. I hope we stay close FOREVER! I am so happy for you and Carson. You have a beautiful, healthy baby who is so lucky to have you guys as parents! PLUS I have yet to hear her cry so I guess you guys are pretty lucky too!

Mindie said...

Now I'm sobbing reading this post. What an amazing story you will have to tell her. I had the chills when I read this. It is always so special to have prayers answered. Sometimes the things we need to learn, change are lives forever. I'm so happy for you and I can not wait to meet her! Congrats!!

jenbulkley said...

oh Dana... Congratulations times 100!!!

Lisa said...

The Lord is there for us when we rely on his faith. What a neat experience I was sobbing when I read your blog. Our prayers have been with you. Congrulations on your sweet little girl. Love Lisa and Lonnie.

PS: Excited to see pictures of her.

Kristy Wilkey said...

Dana-
How wonderful! I have truely seen the wonderous ways in which God works over the past few months. Congratulations on your new family member. What an adorable little thing she is.
Kristy

Erin said...

I totally cried reading this. That is amazing, I'm so happy she won't have to go through all that she would have. WHAT A MIRACLE!!!

Angie said...

We are sooooo excited for you guys!! Congratulations! She looks like she's very loved by all, her story has truly touched the lives of many. I too have been checking your blog waiting for a post and pics and am so excited to hear about her birth and see her! Our thoughts and prayers have been with you. We love
you guys and wish you all the best! Kiss that sweet baby for us!!
Lots of Love, Angie & Jeromy

Raelene said...

Ya ofcourse you can add me! congrats on your sweet little baby, I cant believe that. I'm so glad everything worked out for you and that she is healthy! thats funny, Dr lunt is my doc too! What did carson get his journeyman license in? How do you know stacy cox? sorry for all the questions. Im excited to be able to watch your kids grow up and keep in touch too!

kourtney said...

I am so happy for you! There are miracles all around us and you're beautiful little girl is one! Congratulations!